The standalone version is an app that will run outside the DAW and will be connected via the “Fluid Chords STANDALONE” virtual port. Please make sure to select “Fluid Chords STANDALONE” as the MIDI Output in the standalone’s “Audio/MIDI Settings” and select “No Sound” as the sound preset.
Using Fluid Chords Standalone App with any DAW – Detailed
Fluid Chords Standalone App can run outside the DAW. It takes in MIDI from the Keyboard and sends the MIDI to the DAW through the virtual MIDI port called “Fluid Chords STANDALONE” which will be created automatically on opening the standalone app.
10.1 Setting up the Standalone App with the DAW
- Open the Fluid Chords standalone app.
- Go to Settings and choose
- Your MIDI Keyboard as the MIDI Input
- the “Fluid Chords STANDALONE” port as the MIDI Output
- Open your DAW and in the settings
- Set “Fluid Chords STANDALONE” as the MIDI Input (refer the image below and enable the MPE mode in Ableton 11 and Studio One 5.3 above)
- Disable the keyboard input from the MIDI Inputs temporarily
- Insert a Synth plugin on a track and choose the “Fluid Chords STANDALONE” as the MIDI input