Groove Shaper Standalone App can run outside the DAW. It takes in MIDI from the MIDI input device and sends the MIDI to the DAW through the virtual MIDI port called “Groove Shaper STANDALONE” which will be created automatically on opening the standalone app.
Setting up the Standalone App with the DAW
- Open the Groove Shapers standalone app.
- Go to Settings and choose
- Your MIDI Keyboard as the MIDI Input
- The “Groove Shapers STANDALONE” port as the MIDI Output
- Open your DAW and in the settings
- Disable the keyboard input from the MIDI Inputs temporarily
- Insert a Synth plugin on a track and choose the “Groove Shapers STANDALONE” as the MIDI input.
Groove Shaper Standalone with External Hardware
- Launch the Groove Shaper standalone application.
- Navigate to Settings and select your MIDI keyboard as the MIDI input for the standalone app.
- Route the MIDI out of the standalone app to the MIDI port of your hardware synthesiser.